Friday, May 24, 2013

Poddy Calves

Last Thursday we went off to a local dairy to pick up some poddy calves.  I have not done any for awhile and am not planning any trips away in e near future so it seemed like a good time to do it.




Five poddy calves drinking at the calfeteria; what a clever name!




I was silly enough to come home with six calves when the calfeteria only feeds five so this little fellow gets a bucket instead.  It all works well enough.


When these guys are down to one milk feed a day I will put them in the creek paddock.  For now they are romping about in the orchard close to the house.

2 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Ah, they're so lovely :)

CountryMouse said...

Aww so cute ... I love feeding poddy calves, I know they fit at my place now but wish I had some.